Analyzing Gripping Force in CNC Lathes and Turning Centers has Always Been Difficult for Machine Tool Users Until Now
Introducing the new Digital Grip Force Analyzer Software and Kit, PC Version from Kitagawa NorthTech for machine tool users and machine shops. Improper gripping force and parts slipping in the chuck reduces cycle times, productivity and profits and causes safety issues. The new Digital Grip Force Analyzer software and kit allows users to easily, accurately and quickly analyze and measure grip force performance of their CNC lathes and turning centers via a desktop PC, laptop or tablet. If gripping force issues exist, users can take proactive and corrective measures to identify and solve these problems. Every machine shop can benefit from this indispensable tool and should have at least one or two Kitagawa’s Digital Grip Force Analyzer software kits available for everyday testing, monitoring and troubleshooting.
COMES BUNDLED AS A COMPLETE KIT WITH ALL THE TOOLS TO PERFORM PROCESS AND SERVICE DIAGNOSTICS ON YOUR MACHINING CENTERS
In addition to the Analyzer software package, Kitagawa NorthTech provides a total solution for machine tool users to simplify process and service diagnostics on machining equipment. The Digital Grip Force Analyzer software PC version from Kitagawa NorthTech comes bundled as a complete kit including:
- Rugged carrying case
- Super powerful Bluetooth dongle
- USB Flash Drive loaded with PC analyzer software
- Digital load meter
- Handheld pendant for manual diagnostics, testing and measurement
- Ring magnet
HOW THE DIGITAL GRIP FORCE ANALYZER SOFTWARE AND KIT WORKS
- The Digital Grip Force Analyzer software is easily installed onto the PC or laptop via the provided USB flash Drive.
- The user installs the provided super powerful Bluetooth dongle to enable connectivity and communication to the Digital Grip Force Load Meter.
- Once installed, the user clicks the Bluetooth icon on the laptop screen and then pushes the Bluetooth icon on the Kitagawa Digital Grip Force Load Meter to initiate connectivity.
- The Digital Load Meter will start flashing, and once found by the laptop it will quickly then connect as indicated via the button on the screen that was flashing red, is now flashing green.
- This is confirmation that the Digital Grip Force Load Meter is now successfully connected to the laptop via the Super Powerful Bluetooth Dongle.
- A ring magnet is mounted to the mag base and centered on the load meter in the CNC machine.
- This communicates the tachometer on the machine is now active and the user can proceed with testing their lathe or turning centers.
- Once the user inputs the required data and commences run test, the software will compile a G code program to run the test on the machine.
- Once the test has run and is completed, the software will then plot on the PC screen the actual gripping force of the machine at all RPMs entered.
- It’s that simple: the user now has comprehensive data, analysis and information about the gripping force of their machine.
EASY NAVIGATION FOR SET-UP, RUNNING TESTS AND GRIP FORCE METRICS
HOME PAGE TAB
This is the software’s main screen for operators with easy to navigate tabs, which includes Machine Parameters, Settings, Diagnostics and an About section tab.
MACHINE PARAMETERS TAB
Machine Parameters tab lets users input information regarding the specific machine and application, such as number of spindles, gear pages, maximum RPM settings, and G code addresses for dwells.
The Settings Tab displays grip force in newtons, kilograms force or pound force. It also has settings to disable or enable data collection and create and save a sensor log file.
This Diagnostics tab provides users the actual live reading of the software connected to the sensor. This is where communication from the sensor and software takes place.